Geriatrics Knowledge Hub
The Library has a wide range of textbooks covering all clinical specialties. We also have books on non-clinical subjects such as leadership, doing research, IT and much more. All East Cheshire NHS Trust staff are able to join the library and borrow books. If you are unsure where to start please speak to a member of library staff and we will be happy to help you.
UpToDate is an evidence-based decision support tool which is available to all Trust staff. It includes over 11,000 clinical topics, drug information, practice-changing updates and much more. Create your free personal login and collect CME/CPD points. Access from work by clicking 'UpToDate' in the Start Menu, or from anywhere with a personal login.
- COVID-19: Frailty scores and outcomes in older people (BGS, 2021)
- Fit for frailty (British Geriatrics Society)
- Commissioning services for people living with frailty: fit for frailty 2 (British Geriatrics Society)
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment toolkit for primary care practitioners (British Geriatrics Society)
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment: a summary (National Clinical Programme for Older People, 2015 - Royal College of Physicians of Ireland)
- Healthier for longer: How healthcare professionals can support older people (British Geriatrics Society, 2019)
- Joining the dots: A blueprint for preventing and managing frailty in older people (British Geriatrics Society, 2023) **NEW**
- The silver book 2: Quality urgent care for older people (BGS, 2021)
- The silver book: Quality care for older people with urgent and emergency care needs (BGS, 2012)
- Anticholinergic cognitive burden scale (Aging Brain Program of the Indiana University Center for Aging Research, 2012)
- Dementia core skills education and training framework (Skills for Health, 2015) :: 2018 update
- Personalised care and support planning handbook: the journey to person-centre care - core information (NHS England, 2016) and supplementary information on practical delivery (2015)
- Frailty: a framework of core capabilities (Skills for Health, 2018)