With your NHS Athens account you have access to the following databases:
Help & support ...
The Healthcare Database Advanced Search (HDAS) provides access to an extensive set of journals and bibliographic databases. These are purchased by NICE on behalf of the NHS. You will need to have registered for an Athens account to search HDAS. A guide to searching HDAS is available on the 'Guides and Leaflets' page. NICE have also produced a range of short video guides and detailed Help pages. There are also a suite of e-learning modules which you can access from work or home:
- Module 1 - Introduction to searching
- Module 2 - Where do I start searching?
- Module 3 - How do I start to develop a search strategy?
- Module 4 - Too many results? How to narrow your search
- Module 5 - Too few results? How to broaden your search
- Module 6 - Searching with subject headings
- Module 7 - How to search the Healthcare Databases (HDAS)
The Library offers 1:1 training in how to conduct an evidence search. This includes help with compiling a search strategy, identifying which databases and resources to search, and the technical aspects of actually searching the databases. Courses can be tailored to your individual needs, and can be introductory courses for complete beginners through to refresher and advanced searching techniques. Contact the Library or visit the 'Training' page for more information.
Prefer to use PubMed?
Access a comprehensive, free online tutorial. Course contents includes:
Other help / guidance
Library & Knowledge Service
Here to help you make a difference
Page last updated 31/1/19